This is the Whistle Stop Cottage formerly named the Engine Shed converted into a 3 bedroom cottage that can sleep 5+Cot.
The master bedroom with a large panoramic south facing window and balcony overlooks the enclosed garden which at its far end sits a retired railway wagon, reminiscent of the days of steam. On the bedroom balcony you can sit and enjoy the small vineyard, the spectacular views across the village of Whitwell and surrounding countryside.
The patio area from the lounge absorbs the heat of the sun and overlooks the garden where you might glimpse the odd badger foraging for food or a fox on the hunt. There is your own troublesome truck at the bottom of the garden keeping watch!
The cottage also has its own safe parking area and the enclosed picket fence garden providing reassurance for the safety of children or pets. WiFi is installed among many of the amenities on offer.
- 3 Bedrooms (Double Bed in Master bedroom with balcony. 2nd bedroom , two single beds and 3rd Bedroom a single bed)
- Fitted kitchen incl Washer/Dryer Machine, Dishwasher
- Fridge Freezer, Electric Cooker, Microwave
- Tea Towels, Oven Gloves
- Patio Doors from Lounge leading out to an enclosed private garden
- Highchair / Cot and bedding available
- Downstairs Cloakroom
- Bathroom (bath and separate shower cubicle)
- Towels provided (beach towels not included)
- Complimentary Toilet Tissue and Kitchen Roll
- Bedding / Linen included
- All bed linen provided
- Main Bedroom has a TV
- Bed guard on request
- Heating throughout
- 40″ Flat Screen TV, DVD, Wireless Broadband plus all the usual refinements
- Installed telephone allowing incoming calls
- BBQ on request
- Change over day on Friday
The cottage has the latest natural and ecological technology to reduce the environmental footprint of the building and inhabitants. The high insulation values with heating and hot water from one of the latest air source heat pumps reduces energy consumption to an absolute minimum. A natural biological drainage system achieves clean water as an end result.
There is a family pub nearby which is a 5 minute walk and local shops and post office are only a 5 minute drive to Niton.
Whistle Stop is in a quiet, picturesque country setting all on it’s own but with the grounds and surrounded by fields. It is ideal for children or well-trained pets as access is by a private driveway and so is away from road traffic. The views from Whitwell are truly wonderful and the area is rich in country roads, in a setting perfect for walking, fishing and exploring…all in the theme of an old island railway.